
Ive actually crossed this someday plan off my list already. In 2008, some friends and I decided to form a team and participate in the Polar Plunge. The Polar Plunge is an event that aims to raise money for the Special Olympics, in which nearly 10,000 people with cognitive disabilities participate. According to the Special Olympics Wisconsin web page, Wisconsin plungers have raised over 8 million dollars in the past 11 years! Participants in the Polar Plunge jump into the freezing river in the winter. Coordinators of this event have to cut a large hole in the ice for the event. I really enjoyed participating in this event because even though it was extremely cold and I couldn't feel my entire body when I got out, it was for a really good cause and it was actually kind of fun.
Good for your. I think everyone should be involved with charity somehow, someway! It creates nothing but postive energy!
ReplyDelete